[CODATA-international] Invitation to Participate in an Important Workshop on Education for Data Science

Asha CODATA asha at codata.org
Mon Aug 10 06:40:14 EDT 2020

*Dear Colleague Working in Data Science Education:*

CODATA, in collaboration with the Israel Academy of Sciences and
Humanities, is organizing a workshop on *Education for Data Science*. The
purpose of the workshop is to discuss how Data Science should be taught in
academic institutions and what kind of training and retraining can help
support the need for new professionals in the data science ecosystem.

I'm attaching a more complete invitation to participate as well as the
proposed Workshop Agenda for your review.  We believe this is a timely and
important topic for discussion and experience sharing.  We hope you agree
and will consider having your organization participate.

If you have already responded to this call, thank you and sorry for cross
posting.  We are working on optimizing diversity in our program by
geography, discipline, and teaching approach.

We look forward to your input.

Asha on behalf of Bonnie Carroll, Secretary General, CODATA
--
___________________________

*CODATA International Data Policy Committee: *
Mark Leggott appointed as chair
<https://codata.org/mark-leggott-appointed-chair-of-the-codata-international-data-policy-committee/>

*NEW DATES, NEW DEADLINE! **International Virtual FAIR
Convergence Symposium 2020, 30 Nov-4 Dec:* Registration Open
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/international-fair-convergence-symposium-registration-105931185026>
 | Call for Sessions, deadline 30 Sept
<https://conference.codata.org/FAIRconvergence2020/> | Call for posters and
lightning talks, deadline 31 Oct
<https://conference.codata.org/FAIRconvergence2020/>

*Open Science for a Global Transformation:* CODATA-coordinated submission
to the UNESCO Open Science Consultation
<https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3935461>

*CODATA Virtual General Assembly 2020:* Report
on Voting, Presentations, Supporting Documents and Recording
<https://codata.org/events/general-assembly/general-assembly-2020/>

*July 2020 publications*
<https://codata.org/blog/2020/08/04/july-2020-publications-in-the-data-science-journal/>
in
the CODATA Data Science Journal <https://datascience.codata.org/>

*Stay in touch with CODATA:*

Stay up to date with CODATA activities: join the CODATA International News
list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org>

Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data
stewardship?  Sign up to the CODATA early career community-run data
science training and careers list
<http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/data_science_training_lists.codata.org>

Follow us on social media! Twitter <https://twitter.com/CODATANews> -
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/codata.org/> - LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/simon-hodson-b3711a11/> - Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/codatainternational/>

Asha Law | Program Assistant, CODATA | http://www.codata.org

E-Mail: asha at codata.org
Tel (Office): +33 1 45 25 04 96

CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue
Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE