[CODATA-international] Data Governance Workshop at Academy of Management Meeting

Mark Leggott mark.leggott at rdc-drc.ca
Wed Aug 5 18:56:52 EDT 2020

I had a chat with David Baker last week, when the site first became unavailable. Kathleen is right, CASRAI was under the LYRASIS umbrella, but I’m not sure of the legal status of the organization now, other than what has been suggested here: the CASRAI site is down; the CASRAI initiated CREDIT taxonomy has moved to NISO; the CASRAI RDM Glossary has moved to CODATA.

What is unclear at this point, is if the old URL’s that have the old casrai.org prefix will resolve to the new CODATA site, which Simon has shared an early version of. It is also unclear if all the CASRAI glossaries (there were 2 primary ones, RDM and RMI) will be migrated or merged, so hopefully we will have all the information needed to ensure this valuable resource will continue to be available.

I should also note that the first 2 editions of the RDM Glossary had their start with Research Data Canada, and were stewarded by Claire Austin as part of her chair ship of RDC’s Standards and Interoperability Committee. Claire was most recently one of the Moderators of the RDA COVID-19 Epidemiology Working Group, so she continues to make substantial contributions to the RDM community. You can see a brief history of the Glossary (with a link to the original version) on the RDC site (https://www.rdc-drc.ca/glossary/), which will be updated as soon as we have a better sense of the final location. It was moved to CASRAI so we could ensure an atomistic approach to the service (e.g. each definition having a unique PID/URL), as RDC’s parent organization was not able to do so.

I have received dozens of messages from colleagues in the international RDM ecosystem about the loss of access to the Glossary, so it is good to know that it will have a new home with CODATA. Cheers,

Mark

Mark Leggott, Executive Director / Directeur exécutif
Research Data Canada / Données de recherche Canada
45 O’Connor Street, Suite 500  Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4  Canada<x-apple-data-detectors://9/1>

w – rdc-drc.ca<http://rdc-drc.ca/>  t – 613.220.7236<tel:613.220.7236>  f – 613.943.5443<tel:613.943.5443>  e – mark.leggott at rdc-drc.ca<mailto:mark.leggott at rdc-drc.ca>
Skype – markleggott  Zoom – 391-053-1054/mark.leggott at rdc-drc.ca<mailto:391-053-1054/mark.leggott at rdc-drc.ca>
Twitter – @mleggott/#rdcdrc  LinkedIn – ca.linkedin.com/in/markleggott<http://ca.linkedin.com/in/markleggott>
Book a Meeting with Me - https://doodle.com/mm/markleggott/book-a-time