[CODATA-international] Survey on STEM Literature/Information Courses

Joshua Borycz amanofsorrows at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:11:21 EST 2019

** Apologies for cross-posting **

Hello all!

Joshua Borycz again. For those who haven’t heard I will be teaching my
first course in Chemical Literature at Vanderbilt University next semester.
My goal is to make the course as engaging and useful for the students as
possible and I need your help. I want to get as much input as possible from
instructors with expertise teaching STEM literature/information courses to
help design this course.

By completing this survey, you will be directly influencing my course
design! The course plan will be published and study results will be made
available on OSF after completion.

*The results of the survey are quite interesting so far.* A good response
from chemists and engineers. If you are interested in telling us about your
course then please fill out the survey and leave some comments!

Survey Link: http://j.mp/30PdEtW

*____________________*

*Vanderbilt University Study on Teaching STEM Information and Literature *

The STEM Librarians at Vanderbilt University are seeking university faculty
or staff that have taught information seeking or literature-based
coursework to STEM students to complete a short survey on their courses.
The responses will help us better understand how information, literature,
and/or research related coursework is being introduced into university
curricula. This will allow us to improve course design and help guide
others as they seek to create classes for STEM students.

The questionnaire should take 5-10 minutes to complete. Your participation
in this research is voluntary, and you may decline to participate without
risk. While it is useful to be complete in your responses to the survey,
you may skip any questions, and you are free to withdraw from the study at
any time.

Survey Link: http://j.mp/30PdEtW

Thank you for your participation!

Joshua Borycz

--
The periodic table is the universal catalog of everything you can drop on
your foot.