[CODATA-international] Looking for examples of competitors collaborating in data sharing?

S.C. Edmunds scott at gigasciencejournal.com
Thu Nov 7 03:02:07 EST 2019

There have already been some translational medicine examples listed here,
and I think pharma has played with the idea of pre-competitive
collaboration more than other areas because R&D is so expensive. The
Pistoia Alliance is an obvious name here, working with more than 100 global
members in the pharma industry:

https://www.pistoiaalliance.org/membership/about/

Here in Hong Kong this model has been followed on a smaller scale by
consortia working on individual medical areas important to Asian patients,
such as the Asian Cancer Research Group:

https://consortiapedia.fastercures.org/consortia/acrg/

This has released terabytes of CC0 open data into the public domain (we
helped share it here: http://dx.doi.org/10.5524/100034).

Best wishes,

Scott

--