[CODATA-international] Call for Abstracts: Seeking Research Data Management Educators at AGU 2019

Nancy Hoebelheinrich nhoebel at kmotifs.com
Tue Jul 2 13:15:30 EDT 2019

Hello, all:

The 2019 Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union
<https://www2.agu.org/fall-meeting>  will be held on 9-13 December 2019 in
San Francisco, CA.  My colleagues below and I are co-convening the following
session, and we would like to encourage your abstract submission
<https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/80615>  by the deadline
of Wednesday, 31 July.

Session ID: 80615
Session Title: IN050:  What Works -- and How(!?):  Sharing Successful
Approaches to Educating Research Teams on Research Data Management and
Related Data Skills
Section/Focus Group: Earth and Space Science Informatics

Session Description:
The last several years have seen a significant increase in the development
and re-use of Research Data Management (RDM) educational and training
resources. A number of organizations and individuals have specifically
targeted researchers and their support teams in academia, government, and
industry. In this session, educational and training resource creators and
adaptors are invited to share their success stories in educating scientific
researchers (including students) at different phases of their education or
professional career.  We'd like to hear answers to the questions: What
works? Do you have experience with a pedagogical approach that has proven
particularly effective? Have you engaged in collaborative teaching
partnerships, and if so, with whom and what has made them effective? Have
you developed or used interesting hands-on activities, demonstrations,
simulations, or other fun and engaging teaching tools or methods?  We
welcome and encourage educators from all levels and settings to participate
in this session.

Primary Convener:

*	Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich, Knowledge Motifs LLC, San Mateo, CA

Conveners:

*	Karl Benedict, Research Data Services, University of New Mexico,
Albuquerque, NM
*	Chung-Yi (Sophie) Hou, Ronin Institute, Montclair, NJ

Final Abstract Submission Deadline: 23:59 ET (UTC-4) on Wednesday, 31 July

Abstract submission link:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/80615

My apologies if you've received this message from cross-posting.  For
questions, please contact me or any of my co-conveners.  Thanks for
considering.

Kind regards,

Nancy Hoebelheinrich

Editor & Project Coordinator, ESIP-hosted Data Management Training
Clearinghouse

http://dmtclearinghouse.esipfed.org/

 <https://kmotifs.com/> _LOGOhiResTRANSPARENT_4800pxRGB

Nancy J. Hoebelheinrich