[CODATA-international] FW: Webinar Cloud based Agro-Climatic Modelling

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 07:10:04 EST 2019

This webinar might be of interest . Details below.

Best wishes,

Suchith

===============================

Dear colleague,
Wageningen University & Research invites you to join a webinar that presents our work on cloud based agro-climatic modelling, on the 19th of December 2019 at 11:00 am (UTC+1). We have used a Virtual Research Environment (VRE) to develop and deploy agronomic models and algorithms, and to run these in the cloud.

In the webinar, we will show how you as researcher can take advantage of using VREs for collaborative data science and worry less about IT-infrastructure aspects, and about using closed commercial environments. As an example, we will demonstrate how we have implemented cloud based, distributed crop growth modelling and crop phenology algorithms, and how we have scaled their execution up to a European scale, at farm level resolution. You can also get access to the VRE and get the chance to experiment with it yourself.

Our work has been developed within the D4Science environment as part of the H2020 Aginfra+ project (plus.aginfra.eu<http://plus.aginfra.eu/>). It contributes to the European Open Science Cloud.

You can register for the webinar through the following link:
https://channel.royalcast.com/webcast/wur/20191219_1/

If you required additional information, you can always contact us:
•        Rob Lokers (Wageningen UR) - rob.lokers at wur.nl<mailto:rob.lokers at wur.nl>
•        Rob Knapen (Wageningen UR) - rob.knapen at wur.nl<mailto:rob.knapen at wur.nl>

Kind regards, Sander Janssen

Team lead Earth Informatics