[CODATA-international] REMINDER: EDDI18 - 10th Annual European DDI User Conference: Call for Papers
Joachim.Wackerow at gesis.org
Tue Aug 7 05:08:38 EDT 2018
[Apologies for any cross posting]
CALL FOR PAPERS
10th Annual European DDI User Conference (EDDI18), DDI - The Basis of Managing the Data Life Cycle
* Submission Deadline: September 2, 2018
* Place: Berlin, Germany
* Date: December 4/5, 2018
* Host: The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP) at DIW Berlin Germany
* Conference web page: http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/eddi18
EDDI18 is organized jointly by SOEP<https://www.diw.de/en/soep> - The German Socio-Economic Panel, GESIS<http://www.gesis.org/en/home/> - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences and IDSC of IZA<http://idsc.iza.org/> - International Data Service Center of the Institute for the Study of Labor.
The Data Documentation Initiative<http://www.ddialliance.org/> (DDI) is an international standard for describing the data produced by surveys and other observational methods in the social, behavioral, economic, and health sciences.
The meeting will bring together DDI users and professionals from all over Europe and the world. Anyone interested in developing, applying, or using DDI is invited to attend and present.
Call for Papers
We are seeking presentations, talks, papers, posters on all things DDI:
* Case Studies
* Mature implementations
* Early Implementations
* Interplay of DDI with other standards or technologies
* Projects in early phases in which DDI is under consideration
* Critiques of DDI
The topics of the conference include, but are not limited to:
* User Needs, Efficient Infrastructures and Improved Quality
* Official Statistics
* Reusing and Sharing Metadata
* Data Harmonization
* Incentives to Document Data
* Open Data and Linked Open Data
* Privacy and Access Control
* Metadata versus Data and Related Ethics
* Software / Tools
Proposals are welcome for multiple content types and presentation forms.
* Scientific Method
* Impact for the Community
* Project Report
* Full Paper
* Regular Presentation
* Short Presentation
* Poster/Software Demonstration
* Complete Session
Other Submission Types
* Tutorial or Workshop
* Side Meeting
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please have a look at the overview on submissions<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi18/schedConf/overview> and use the online submission system<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi18/author/submit> of the conference.
* The deadline for submissions is September 2, 2018.
* Please have a look at the Call for Paper<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi18/schedConf/cfp> page for further details.
* Please consider to indicate the availability as reviewer as well.
* For more information about the conference, see the conference web site at http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/eddi18.
* The Program Committee<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi18/about/organizingTeam> strategically develops, creates and organizes the program.
* The Organization Committee<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi18/about/organizingTeam> coordinates the onsite work.
* For questions or any other correspondence regarding the Call for Papers of EDDI18, please send an email to eddi18-prog at googlegroups.com<mailto:eddi18-prog at googlegroups.com>.
* Last year's program is available at the EDDI17 website<http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/ocs/index.php/eddi/eddi17/schedConf/program>.
For more information about the EDDI conference series and details on the previous EDDI conferences, look at http://www.eddi-conferences.eu/.
Jon Johnson and Joachim Wackerow (co-chairs)
on behalf of the EDDI18 Program Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CODATA-international