[CODATA-international] EVENT: Towards cultural change in data management - 24 May, TU Delft, Netherlands

Marta Teperek M.Teperek at tudelft.nl
Fri Apr 13 03:08:25 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to cordially invite you to the event "Towards cultural change in data management - data stewardship in practice<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/towards-cultural-change-in-data-management-data-stewardship-in-practice-tickets-44014458430>", which we are organising at TU Delft (Netherlands) on Thursday 24 May 2018.

This will be a full day event and the discussions will be around three main topics:

*        How to achieve cultural change in research data management?

*        Why is good data stewardship important?

*        Why do we care and why should researchers care?

We will have three keynote speakers:

*        Dr Danny Kingsley, Deputy Director, Scholarly Communication and Research Services at Cambridge University Library, will talk about the reproducibility crisis in science, and the importance of research integrity and good data stewardship

*        Kim Huijpen from the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU) will speak about the opportunities to reward researchers for open science and for good data management practices

*        Ingeborg Verheul from the Dutch National Coordination Point Research Data Management (LCRDM) will talk about national efforts around data stewardship.

In addition, there will be presentations about institutional approaches to data stewardship (including our case studies from TU Delft) and we will also have some interactive workshops.

We are also looking for workshop proposals/breakout sessions, so if you would like to propose something, please submit your short abstract by Sunday 15 April<https://goo.gl/forms/Lw9FvC5K4WVH1B3Y2>.

Register and read more: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/towards-cultural-change-in-data-management-data-stewardship-in-practice-tickets-44014458430

Best wishes and we hope to see you in Delft,

Marta, on behalf of the Organising Committee

Marta Teperek, PhD
TU Delft Library | Research Data Services | Data Stewardship Coordinator
T +31 (0)15 27 81 312 | M +31 (0) 63 40 81 427 | m.teperek at tudelft.nl<mailto:m.teperek at tudelft.nl> | @martateperek<https://twitter.com/martateperek>