[CODATA-international] REGISTER: PERICLES Workshop at International Digital Curation Conference

Ligios, Linda linda.ligios at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 07:49:49 EST 2016

*APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING*

'Appraisal, Quality Assurance and Risk Assessment in the Data Continuum'.

A PERICLES project workshop at IDCC 2016<http://www.dcc.ac.uk/drupal/events/idcc16>

Thursday 25th February 2016, 9am - 12:30pm

Movenpick Hotel, Amsterdam

We're pleased to announce that PERICLES<http://pericles-project.eu/> is running a free workshop at IDCC 2016, which will present research carried out on the project with respect to appraisal and risk assessment within the continuum of the lives of digital objects.

PERICLES is a 4 year EU-funded FP7 project aiming at "Promoting and Enhancing Reuse of Information throughout the Content Lifecycle taking account of Evolving Semantics".

We are interested in discussing our ideas on possible ways to support technical and content appraisal of digital data by taking account of the digital ecosystem of those data, and hence their dependencies and implications for long-term preservation. Along the same lines, we are examining quality assurance methods for consistency within the evolving ecosystem, i.e. managing change in the ecosystem by validating its entities, detecting conflicts and keeping trace of its evolution through time.

The final aim of this workshop is to identify parts of appraisal processes that lend themselves to being automated, and to collect useful feedback from the archiving and data management communities for future research and development plans for appraisal tools, and more generally for the risk assessment and quality assurance as part of dependency modelling approach we are investigating and suggesting as valuable LTDP approach.

Further details on the workshop are available online: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc16/workshops#Worskhop%209

There are only a few places remaining on this workshop - if interested please register<http://www.epay.ed.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=80&catid=96&prodid=2125> as soon as possible.
Follow us on twitter on @PericlesFP7<https://twitter.com/PericlesFP7>

Kind regards,

Linda Ligios
EU Communications Coordinator, PERICLES